Saturday 30 May 2015

It's All About the Legs!

Good morning

I want to start by saying a massive thank you to everyone for all your lovely comments and congratulations for my new role on the Design Team at Less is More.  The crafting community is fabulous and you've made me feel so welcome, so THANK YOU!


And, as we're on the subject of Less is More we have a new challenge just starting and as it's a month with five Saturdays, this week we have a Lucky Dip week for you and our theme is...

Two or Four Legs


I did quite a bit of rummaging through my stash before making these and I was quite surprised by how many options I actually had for this theme.  I have two cards to share with you.


I couldn't let this theme pass by without using this fabulous stamp for the first time.  I only wish my legs were nearly this long and slim.  The only similarity here is the wine glass in hand!



I stamped the image, 'Uptown Girls Reilly Loves to Relax' by Stamping Bella and coloured with my FlexMarkers.  The sentiment is from the 'Happy Hour' set by Stampin' Up.  I then mounted the image panel on some red Bazzill Basics cardstock before adhering to a square card base.

I am linking this card up at the following challenges:

Loves Rubberstamps - Challenge #153 - Coffee, Tea or Favourite Beverage
Dream Valley - Challenge #107 - Anything Goes



Now on to my second card...





I die cut a circle from white cardstock and trimmed off the edges so it would sit in the corner, and then stamped the sentiment from Clearly Besotted's 'Be Merry' set.  The sentiment was masked before spreading embossing paste through a Tim Holtz 'Speckles' stencil.  The reindeer was stamped and die cut using Clearly Besotted's 'In Stitches - Christmas' stamp and die set, then popped up on 3D foam.  Of course, I had to add some Wink of Stella for some subtle sparkle for his nose!

The challenges I am entering for this card are:

Moving Along with the Times - Texture Challenge
Addicted to CAS - Challenge #64 - Animal
Simply Create Too - Challenge #86 - Keep It Simple


For this week at Less is More we have a Guest Designer joining us, the super talented and wonderful Rebecca of Melly Moo.  So please pop by and take a minute to leave Rebecca and my fellow teamies some LIMette love!

That's all for now.  I've no idea where the time has gone over the last week so apologies for not sharing very much, hopefully I can grab some more crafty time soon.

Happy Saturday everyone!




26 comments:

  1. Love love love these cards Anita. The long legged image in the arm chair is brilliant! Awesome, fun and perfect. Looks like we've both decided Christmas is on its way this week and your cute reindeer card is just gorgeous. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful cards Anita... you are SO creative... I love the gal in the armchair... I can associate with her!
    Super work!
    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fabulous, Anita! Love that first image, the touches of red really pop and your Christmas card is lots of fun - love the texture from the embossing paste :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neets!! I just realized after smiling over your arm-chair-beauty: I would look totally thin if posing like this!!! It's the middle bits that ruin my otherwise svelte physique!!! Just AB SO LUTELY fantastic!!! Oh I think your reindeer card is pretty darned cute, too! Off to pose...
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first card for the guy :-) Such provocative :-)))
    Great card.
    Regards,
    Bozena

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love both your cards Anita - fab colouring in the first, and a great image we can all relate to I'm sure! Great idea of the stencilling over your background circle - it really grounds the frisky reindeer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun cards! Love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love both of your cards. Love how you have showcased the image on the first. Great embossing on the second. Thank you for sharing your talents with us over at Loves Rubberstamps. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these cards Anita. I want the image of the first one. Super card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations, Anita! I LOVE the first card and wish my legs were this long too! Fabulous, fun card! And the reindeer with the "snow" blowing behind him is magical! Love how you trimmed the circle! I hope I can remember that trick,

    ReplyDelete
  11. Got me giggling, describing the similarity between you and the image. They are true for me too, lol!

    Love this image and you displayed it perfectly!
    Thank you for playing along with us at Loves Rubberstamps. Good luck!
    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  12. what great designs, Neets! Love the textured circle around your reindeer, and the darling celebrate card image! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the first card so much!! Was going to say I wish I had long, skinny legs like hers but maybe they are just a little bit too skinny.....such a cool card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a gorgeous cards!! Love them both!! Thanks for joining us at “Simply Create Too”, hope to see you next time again.

    DT-Member SCT
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable cards Anita! Wonderful designs!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous cards Anita and I just love that Stampinbella one!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love both these cards, and it is so good to see some humour in card designs...your style is simply stunning and I am now a follower of this wonderful blog....hugs...x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Two fabulous cards. Love the CAS look of the first one, not much more needs to be added really as the image says it all! The second one is so cute with the lovely embossing paste snow.

    Thanks for joining our Anything Goes challenge.

    Lin
    Dream Valley

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love how you coloured the image, it such a funny one too.
    Hugs
    Ela

    ReplyDelete
  20. Super card, thanks for playing along with our Texture Challenge @ MAWTT this week. Good Luck
    Happy Crafting
    Carole xXx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Two awesome cards Anita. So funny about your similarities. :) Great image, perfect sentient, awesome design. And I LOVE your sweet Rudolph with his sparkly nose. The embossing paste adds lots of texture and fun. Thanks for playing along at ATCAS. xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love these Anita - the textured snow on the reindeer card adds such a wow factor, this is definitely my favourite this week!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Many congrats Anita,so well deserved too ! great cards here again, I love that great fun image on the first one esp.;) hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Two brilliant cards with legs! I'd love the two long legs on the first but fear I most reemble the latter!
    Lol
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the texture on your card and that whimsical little Rudolph. So glad you joiend us at Addicted to CAS this week
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love these cards but your first card is my favorite of the pair, I just love the fabulous scene you created!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...