Sunday 21 June 2015

You Brighten My Day

Hi there

As promised, I'm back with another card which I made last night.

It's been a gorgeous sunny week in my part of the world so I decided to make a bright and summery card, using a few challenges as my inspiration.  I also used a new stamp I bought at the Sincerely Yours Papercraft Show last weekend, this beautiful butterfly.



I stamped the butterfly in VersaMark on some watercolour paper and heat embossed in white.  I then watercoloured the remaining parts of the butterfly, and the surrounding area using Distress Inks.  I used a pierced die to cut out the square which I then mounted on 3D foam.  Then I stamped the sentiment in a co-ordinating colour and also mounted this strip on 3D foam.

Materials used:

  • Stamps: IndigoBlu (Dinkies range) - Flutterby; Clearly Besotted - Sunshine & Smiles (sentiment)
  • Ink: VersaMark; Distress Inks - Shaded Lilac, Seedless Preserves, Picked Raspberry, Salty Ocean, Mowed Lawn and Mustard Seed; Versa Color - Peony
  • Embossing Powder: Wow! - Opaque Bright White
  • Die: MFT Die-namics - Pierced Square Stax


I would like to link up at the following challenges:

The Card Concept - Challenge #37 - The Butterfly Effect (clean and layered style)













Fusion - Bright Butterfly (just using the photo as my inspiration)











Papertake Weekly - Ohh So Pretty


I may be back with more later although I really must do some housework today.  Although I've been off work this past week the weather has been so nice I've been out and about so the chores have taken a back seat!

I'll definitely be back tomorrow though when I'll be sharing some exciting news! ;)




13 comments:

  1. Such a summery floaty design, shame it's dull and cloudy here this morning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning Anita. A water colour wonder! Your water colouring is superb and how your card bursts with colour yet is still very CAS. Thanks for joining us at ATSM

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful and incredible water coloring! So in awe of your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for playing at The Card Concept. Love the energy in your card:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Anita - super gorgeos watercolours! So glad you joined in the fun @ FUSION!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW your watercoloring is gorgeous!!! Love the embossed white butterfly with colors coming through. Thanks for joining us this week at The Card Concept :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is SO pretty with the watercoloring over the white embossing! Thanks for joining us in the Fusion Challenge Anita! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous butterfly ... so pretty with the white embossing. Great watercolouring Anita! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful background and your butterfly is gorgeous, Anita! Love all the fun, summery colors, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so beautiful and oh so perfect for the two challenges. So glad someone is having lovely warm weather while I'm freezing my backside off. Enjoy the sun for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so, so, pretty. A lovely work of art.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...