Saturday 1 August 2015

Bear Hugs

Hi there

Back again to share a card I made for my friend's birthday.  You may wonder why I sent a birthday card with the sentiment 'Bear Hugs' on it....well, her name is Claire and she is known to many of us as Bear so I thought it would be fun! :)




Using a die I cut an aperture in a white cardstock panel.  I then marked through the aperture onto the card base to indicate where the window would be.  I used a post-it note cut into a curve and masked the background to create the sky and then used the other part of the post-it to mask the sky and blend the grass.  I stamped the bear and die cut using the co-ordinating die and then watercoloured him with Distress Inks.  Next I stamped and die-cut the banner.  The top panel was popped up on 3D foam, as were the bear and banner.

Materials used:

  • Dies: MFT Die-namics - In and Out Diagonal Stitched Rectangles; Clearly Besotted - Bear Hugs and Mini Basic Banners
  • Stamps: Clearly Besotted - Bear Hugs and Mini Basic Banners
  • Ink: Distress Ink - Salty Ocean, Mowed Lawn, Vintage Photo, Antique Linen, Spun Sugar; Versa Color - Pink

Challenge entries:

A Gem of a Challenge - Challenge #150 - Animals or Birds
Simply Create Too - Challenge #91 - Anything Goes
Brown Sugar - Challenge #157 - Anything Goes
Creative Card Crew - Challenge #92 - Banner/Flag
Addicted to CAS - Challenge #69 - Banners (only one banner but hopefully my card will qualify!)













Thanks so much as always for looking, your visits and comments are always greatly appreciated :)


11 comments:

  1. That is so sweet I love him and super colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is darling. Claire Bear will love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Anita, this is absolutely precious! I love your banner and your coloring on the bear is just beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Addicted to CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ACK!!!! This is so totally CUTE! I love it lots! Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He really looks so ready to pop out and hug someone. Thanks for sharing Anita and join us again.
    Erica (Simply Create Too DT Member {challenge #91, "Anything Goes"}

    ReplyDelete
  6. He really looks he's ready to pop out and give a hug. Thank for sharing Anita and join us again soon.
    Erica (Simply Create Too DT Member {Challenge no. 91, "Anything Goes"}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your creation. Such great pop to it. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Brown Sugar Challenge. Good luck.
    Lynn, BSCB DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet take on using a banner!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know it is so funny that when I saw this bear I said 'Wow, look at all this white space it looks like a CAS card.' Scroll down a bit and there it is.. Love how simple and crisp this is Anita. This an unusual why to handle such a sweet image with minimal decoration. I love it and I want to thank you for joining us at BSCB... We aren't strangers I submit my cards all the time to ATS!
    Shawna -DT member BSCB

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anita, this is so adorable card! Love the layout and the colouring, so tender. Thanks a lot for playing along with us at ATCAS. -Ksenija

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card, love the image and fab design. Thanks for joining us at AGOAC. Good luck :-)

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...