Monday 28 December 2015

Christmas Card Multiples - Same Design / Five Ways

Hi there

**WARNING**
Picture heavy post - you might want to make yourself a cosy brew!


Well, a week into December I counted up all the Christmas cards I'd made throughout the year and realised I was 60+ short of what I needed!  After panicking (!!!) I sat down and came up with a design I thought would be fairly easy to reproduce whilst also incorporating a few techniques.

Once the rough design was in my head I thought I'd make a few versions of the same design, and settled on ten of each, changing the sentiment and colours for each version.  So this gave me 50 cards to add to my stash.

Here's the complete set of five variations, I was really pleased with the finished results...


I die cut a circle from a spare piece of cardstock and blended Distress Inks through the aperture onto the card base, using a new template for each colour.  I tried to vary the intensity of the ink to make the circle look like a sphere, some came out better than others.  I then stamped the bauble hangers in silver together with the dotty script part of each sentiment, and the rest of the sentiments were stamped in black.  To finish I used a few more circle templates and a snowflake stencil through which I applied pearlescent embossing paste onto the baubles.  These were nice and flat to send through the mail although at one point I did have lots of cards around the room waiting for the embossing paste to dry.  Lots of patience was required!

Materials used:

  • Ink: Distress Inks (colours detailed below); Versa Color - Silver; Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Stamps: Clearly Besotted - Ornamental Style (bauble hanger), Be Merry and Joyeux Noel (sentiments)
  • Stencil: Memory Box - Winter Tiny Snowflakes
  • Embossing Paste: Dreamweaver - Pearlescent


For the following set I used Distress Ink in Cracked Pistachio:





For this next set I used Distress Ink in Salty Ocean:





For the next set I used Distress Ink in Shaded Lilac:




For the following set I used Distress Ink in Abandoned Coral:




And for the final set I used Distress Ink in Picked Raspberry:




I like how all these turned out and find it really hard to choose a favourite.  I'd love to know which version(s) you like best.


I'm going to link up at the following challenge blogs:

CASology - Week 178 - Merry (I am entering the Picked Raspberry version here)













My Time to Craft - Challenge #311 - Last Minute Christmas Makes
Dream Valley - Challenge #122 - Christmas
Papertake Weekly Challenge - Fave Challenge/Anything Goes
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge - Challenge #261 - Anything Goes Christmas
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra for December - Anything Goes Christmas
The Male Room - Challenge #25 - Theme (I am entering the Salty Ocean version here)













Phew!

If you've made it to the end, thanks so much for sticking with me.  Thanks so much for your visit and I would love to hear your comments.

I have a few more cards to share but I might have a little break and grab a brew myself now!


14 comments:

  1. They are lovely! What a great idea - I didn't get started early enough at all and totally ran out a week before Christmas. You did well - I love all the different colours used. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. My you must send a load out at Christmas. Thanks for my gorgeous blue one, it has pride of place amongst my other handmade beauties. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd have to say my favorite is the one I have in my hot little hands. Thanks so much for thinking of me and sending me the Shaded Lilac lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these CAS beauties! Perfect for mass producing and mailing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my goodness, Anita, don't even think to ask me to choose a favorite! These are all delicious and so inspiring!! Happy New Year Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful design... worthy of replicating! Love the special touches of variation Anita!
    Thanks for playing at Casology!

    ReplyDelete
  7. And beautiful cards they are! Great design Anita! I love my "shaded lilac" card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think they are all just fabulous. CAS perfection. Thanks so much for playing along with our Christmas challenge at The Male Room. Hope to see you again next year.

    BTW - they look even better in real-life - thank you so much xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super CAS cards!
    Thank you for sharing with Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Extra!
    Susan
    DT for CHNC Extra!
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are fantastic!! I love the simplicity of them and the colors are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anita, what an amazing set of cards! All so CAS, all so merry and festive! Thanks for joining in the MERRY fun at CASology...and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are fabulous, Anita, and a brilliant solution to the shortage of Christmas cards. :) Thanks for playing along with CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have just read this post and it made me laugh i was in the same position - needed another 30 - thank god for the misti and Clearlybesotted ! love the cards

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful sets of cards, Anita! They are all gorgeous (But if I should, I would choose the blue one:)). Congrats on HM at CASology! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...