Monday 14 March 2016

Muse Challenge #157 - Have a Fabulous Day

Good afternoon

It's my turn to be your designer over at Muse for this week's challenge and hopefully my card will inspire you to play along.

The idea at Muse is to use the designer's creation as the inspiration for your project.  You can, for example, use the layout, colours, technique, etc.  Hopefully there are a few elements here that will kickstart your creative mojo!

This card just sort of evolved as I went along, I didn't have a finished image in my head, just went with the flow...



On a white cardstock panel I started by masking a horizontal strip before blending out from it with pink Distress Ink.  I then added a little water to a couple more Distress Ink colours on my craft mat and created some splatters over the blended area, blotting gently with a paper towel to keep the splatters a little more subtle.  Next, I stamped the flowers, leaves and flourishes, using masks over some images as I went.  The horizontal mask was then removed and the sentiment stamped in the centre before popping the panel onto the card base using 3D foam.

Materials used:

  • Ink: Distress Ink - Picked Raspberry, Seedless Preserves, Mermaid Lagoon; Memento - Tuxedo Black
  • Stamps: Altenew - Hennah Elements; Clearly Besotted - Just Fabulous

Challenge entries:

My Time to Craft - Challenge #317 - Flowers
Seize the Birthday - Anything Goes/The Great Divide
Creative Inspirations - Challenge #246 - Pretty Projects


Thanks so much for visiting today.
 

19 comments:

  1. Gorgeous...I'm looking forward to playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely, Neets! I do need practice with masking - I hope to play along!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous and right up my street! Love it! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. The impact of the clean sentiment strip against the sponged and splattered areas is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another one of your super fabulous cards! Gotta play!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! The colors are so subtle! Can't wait to play! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic card, love how you have the 'great divide' for the sentiment!! thanks for playing at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Neets! I have this set and haven't used it! Now I want to make your card! :D TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous! I hope I can play!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH MY Goodness! This is beautiful Anita!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't wait to CASE this Anita. I love the subtle colours! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card looks fabulous Anita, love everything about it ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so pretty, Anita! I love the look of your card. Thanks for writing out the instructions too as I more or less copied things for my own MUSE creation. I haven't tried anything like this before and am so thankful for the new idea!!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a gorgeous card, and was so very inspiring to me. I am still in awe of your splatters.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this card! It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...