Saturday 30 December 2017

Frosty Snowflake Panel

Hi guys

I'm writing this post surrounded by cold and flu tablets, cough medicine, tissues, honey and lemon, and I've been in my PJs all day feeling sorry for myself.

But I wanted to come back and share another of this year's Christmas cards before the year is out!  And this is another that was made to order.


On a panel of white cardstock I masked a vertical strip and began by stamping and heat embossing a few snowflakes in white.  I then used the emboss resist technique and blended three colours of Distress Ink over the top.  I then stamped a few more snowflakes in pigment inks and splattered some shimmer using a mix of mica powder and water.  The shimmery splatters can be seen better below.


I removed the masks and stamped the 'Merry Christmas', and then heat embossed 'Sister' in silver and die cut with it's co-ordinating die.  The panel was then popped up on fun foam.

Materials used:
  • Stamps: Uniko - Stunning Snowflakes; Clearly Besotted - Many Mini Messages, Sugar and Spice (and co-ordinating die)
  • Ink: VersaMark; Distress Ink - Spun Sugar, Tumbled Glass, Dusty Concord; Versa Color - Lilac, Lavender, Grape; Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Embossing Powder: Wow! - Opaque Bright White, Metallic Silver
  • Mica Powder: Honey Doo Crafts - White Opal

Challenge entries:

AAA Cards - CAS Game #105 - Sparkle
Happy Little Stampers - December Christmas Challenge - Anything Goes
Creative Inspirations - Challenge #284 - Winter/Christmas




You'll be glad to know, I think I only have one more Christmas card to share.  Back soon x


4 comments:

  1. This is a beautifully blended snowflake card for your sister, Anita! You've been sick too much in 2017 ~ I hope your lurgy goes away soon and that 2018 is a much healthier year for you!! Happy New Year Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, these colours are so pretty, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That’s so beautifully sparkly, love the colours too. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this card and the colors you used! Gorgeous! Thanks for joining AAA Cards! Hope you feel better soon! Hugs Åsa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...